The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving has established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Simsbury.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
Simsbury Greater Together Community Fund Announces Inaugural Grant Awards
In October 2021, the Simsbury Greater Together Community Fund made inaugural grants the following organizations:
- A Promise to Jordan ($5,000) - to support Simsbury officially being recognized as a "Recovery Friendly Town."
- Gifts of Love, Inc. ($5,000) - to support the Gifts of Love Farm revitalization and program enhancements.
- Simsbury Volunteer Ambulance Association, Inc. ($15,000) - to support equipping a third ambulance for paramedical response.
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Greater Together Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committe members for your town are:
Josefina Casabal, Michael Duff, Veronica Grossman, Paul Henault, Jocelyn Kahn Hart Lovelace, Akash Kaza, Meredith McCormick, Brad Mead, Caroline Meckel, Christine Peterson, Dane Peterson, Meena Rajesh, Tammy Woychowski
For questions, contact the committee at Simsburycommunityfund@gmail.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at firstname.lastname@example.org.