The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving has established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Newington.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds program is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
In June, 2021, the Newington Greater Together Community Fund made inaugural grants to five community organizations to benefit the residents of Newington.
- Children's Law Center of Connecticut, to support providing legal representation for Newington children in New Britain Family Court
- GFWC CT Newington Wethersfield Woman's Club, to support the weekend food supplement program
- Lucy Robbins Welles Library, Inc., to support improving WiFi outreach with additional hotspots
- Newington Children's Theatre Company, to support Summer Stages 2021
- UR Community Cares, Inc., to support UR Community Cares program in Newington
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Greater Together Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committee members for your town are:
Ryan Beach, Jonah Borrup, Jayne Boulay, Lisa St Germain, Fredric Googel, Trisha Iyer, Sally Larkins, Patricia Mahoney, Beth Monchun, Louis Nero Jr., Bryce Turner
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at: firstname.lastname@example.org