The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving has established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Bloomfield.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds program is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
In June, 2021, the Bloomfield Greater Together Community Fund made grants to four community organizations to benefit residents in Bloomfield.
- Bloomfield Early Learning Center, Inc., $5,000: To partially support the community garden and renovation of the Community Meeting Room
- Conservation, Energy, and Environment Committee (Fiscal Agent: Town of Bloomfield), $3,000: To partially support purchase and planting of trees in the Town of Bloomfield
- Ironwood Community Partners, Inc., $5,000: To partially support the roof restoration of Barn A at Historic Farmstead in LaSalette Park
- McMahon Wintonbury Library (Fiscal Agent: Town of Bloomfield), $5,000: To partially support installation of exterior seating for outdoor WiFi
Organizations can use the below template at the end of their grant period to report on the use of their funds.
For questions, please contact the advisory committee at email@example.com.
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Greater Together Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committee members for your town are:
Corinne Bowie, Stephen Dombrowski, Robert Firger, Esther Harris, Lisa Higgins, Laurie Julian, Sheryl Llewellyn-Wilkerson, Richard Ott, Diane Perry, Molly Reynolds, Shelby Young, Sue Zielenbach
Committee chair: Meredith Johnson; Committee Secretary: Kelly Trainor
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at firstname.lastname@example.org.