The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving has established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Bloomfield.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds program is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
Call for Applications
The Bloomfield Greater Together Community Fund is pleased to announce a competitive grant opportunity offering a grant in the amount of up to $10,000 for one or more nonprofits proposing projects to benefit the residents of Bloomfield. Read the Request for Proposals to learn more.
Proposals should complete all required questions of the application. Each applying organization may only submit one proposal.
Questions can be directed to the Advisory Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, February 17, 2023.
In June, 2021, the Bloomfield Greater Together Community Fund made grants to four community organizations to benefit residents in Bloomfield.
- Bloomfield Early Learning Center, Inc., $5,000: To partially support the community garden and renovation of the Community Meeting Room
- Conservation, Energy, and Environment Committee (Fiscal Agent: Town of Bloomfield), $3,000: To partially support purchase and planting of trees in the Town of Bloomfield
- Ironwood Community Partners, Inc., $5,000: To partially support the roof restoration of Barn A at Historic Farmstead in LaSalette Park
- McMahon Wintonbury Library (Fiscal Agent: Town of Bloomfield), $5,000: To partially support installation of exterior seating for outdoor WiFi
The below template is available for awarded organizations to report on the use of their funds.
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Greater Together Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committee members for your town are:
Corinne Bowie, Stephen Dombrowski, Robert Firger, Laurie Julian, Shelby Young, Sue Zielenbach
Committee chair: Meredith Johnson; Committee Secretary: Kelly Trainor
Please email Bloomfield's Advisory Committee with any questions at email@example.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Session Recording
The Advisory Committee hosted an information session for those interested to learn more about the Bloomfield Greater Together Community Fund, previous grants made as well as their recent call for applications A recording is available to view, here.