The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving has established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Wethersfield.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds program is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
Your town has formed an advisory committee to manage a participatory process to identify your town's needs and allocate community funds.
In July, 2021, the Wethersfield Greater Together Fund made inaugural grants to seven community organizations to benefit the residents of Wethersfield.
- Hartford Interval House, Inc., to support the Victim to Survivor program
- Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters, to support the Wethersfield Community-Based Mentoring program.
- Operation Fuel, Inc., to support Emergency Energy Assistance for Wethersfield
- Richard M Keane Foundation, Inc., to support Keane Hands on Learning program
- The Webb-Deane-Stevens Museum, to support the Webb-Deane-Stevens Museum Summer Courtyard Music Series
- Time's Fool Company, to support CT Shakespeare in the Park production of Twelfth Night
- Wethersfield Academy for the Arts, Inc., to support the Express Yourself art classes for students with ASD
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Greater Together Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committee members for your town are:
Suzanne Aber, Debra Cohen, Sean Dunn, Stephen Haynes, Venkata Natarajan, Christine Traczyk, Scott Wands, Bonnie Weyland Smith
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advisory committee administered a survey from January 24th to March 1st, 2021. Based on the information provided from the survey, the committee was able to detemine the greatest areas of concern for Wethersfield residents were:
- Support Services, including but not limited to: food assistance, energy assistance, at-risk youth programs, support for victims of domestic violence, support for disabled, elderly, or low-income residents
- Mental Health Services
- Public Safety
- Diversity and Equity
- Food Insecurity
- Affordable Childcare
- Economic Development
Learn more about the Wethersfield Greater Together Community Fund Prioritization Survey Outcomes and view the demographic results.