In 2019, the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Suffield. The Hartford Foundation’s Board of Directors recently approved additional funding for each town in 2022, contributing an additional $50,000 to the Suffield Greater Together Community Fund.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds program is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in Suffield and 28 other towns in the region
Suffield Greater Together Community Fund Announces Inaugural Grant Awards
The following organizations were recipients of inaugural grant awards during August 2021:
- Connecticut Landmarks ($4,750)- to support a collaborative exploration of residents' role in the displacement of Native Americans
- Crossroads Food Pantry ($405) - to purchase carts for the food pantry
- Operation Fuel ($3,000) - to support emergency energy distribution in Suffield
- Suffield Garden Club, Inc. ($5,000) - to support developing a phased tree planting plan for Suffield's historic Main Street and greens
Advisory Committee Members
Suffield's inaugural advisory committee designed and led an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community. The committee then designed and led a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Greater Together Community Funds have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents. Now, the Advisory Committee is filling vacancies of inaugural members who committed to a single year term.
The current Advisory Committee members for Suffield are:
Alice Arden, Animesh Chandra, Kacy Colston, Richard Deenihan, Katie Doherty-Schmeck, Ann Franczyk, Gary Gudinkas, Carol Sue Scott, Rowan Shanahan, Michael Welch, Sasha Zatyrka
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal, Senior Public Policy and Media Relations Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Advisory Committee co-chairs, Rick Deenihan and Michael Welch at email@example.com.