Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund
In 2019, the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Rocky Hill. In 2022, the fund received another $50,000 totaling in an investment of $150,000.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
Now Accepting Applications!
The Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund Advisory Committee is pleased to announce its second open call for grant proposals. The committee will consider proposals ranging from $250 to $10,000. Project applications will be accepted until Friday, June 30, 2023. Only one application per organization is allowed.
- Click here to review the Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Click here to view PDF of entire application (must be submitted online via link below)
- Click here to access application for online submittal
- Click here to download the project budget template; please email completed templates to email@example.com.
REVIEW AND PROCESS
- Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund Advisory Committee.
- Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund 2023 Grant Award Announcements will be made in September, 2023.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about eligibility, guidelines or the application process.
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Greater Together Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committee members for your town are:
Laurie Boske, Rev. Patrick Bush, Lauren Cattel, Ronald B. Cox, Carol Felice (Co-Chair), Amy Forcier (Co-Chair), Nadine Giannotti (Secretary), Shilpa Gohil, Jocelyn Thomas
Click here to read the Advisory Committee Conflict of Interest Policy
Questions? Reach us by email at RockyHillCommunityFund@gmail.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at email@example.com.
Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund Grant Awards
December 2022: The Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund made inaugural grants to four community organizations to address pressing issues in their community.
- Rocky Hill High School Band Backers, Inc. received a $10,000 grant to support buying instruments for the Rocky Hill High School marching band and World Music project.
- Hartford Interval House, Inc. received a $5,000 grant to support Empowering Clients from Rocky Hill at Interval House.
- Operation Fuel, Inc. received a $5,000 grant to provide emergency energy assistance for Rocky Hill residents.
- Special Olympics Connecticut: Greater Middletown Local Program received a $500 grant to support the Special Olympics Connecticut's Greater Middletown local program.
Awarded organizations are requested to submit an accounting of the use of funds and a narrative evaluation of results achieved. Should your organization decide to apply again to the Rocky Hill Community Fund in the future, you would be eligible after we receive a final report for the grant.
Awarded organizations can use the optional form (below) at the end of their grant period to report on the use of their funds.
Awarded organizations who wish to be considered for a 2023 grant should submit a grant report by May 15, 2023. The final report for all other awardees of 2022 grants is due by November 30, 2023.
DOWNLOAD THE GRANT REPORTING FORM
Please send the completed form, or any questions to the Rocky Hill Advisory Committee at RockyHillCommunityFund@gmail.com.