In 2019, the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Rocky Hill. In 2022, the fund received another $50,000 totaling in an investment of $150,000.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
Call for Advisory Committee Members
The Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund Advisory Committee is seeking members who will help us maintain a diverse, inclusive membership reflective of Rocky Hill's demographics. All Rocky Hill residents are eligible to apply including students or young adults ages 14+.
An advisory committee of Rocky Hill residents plays a lead role in deciding how Rocky Hill’s Greater Together Community Funds will be used. This advisory committee will identify community needs and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the community funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents. Please consider joining this exciting committee!
To apply, please complete the Google Form linked below. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed in October, February, and June. Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Greater Together Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committee members for your town are:
Laurie Boske, Rev. Patrick Bush, Lauren Cattel, Ronald B. Cox, Carol Felice (Co-Chair), Amy Forcier (Co-Chair), Nadine Giannotti (Secretary), Shilpa Gohil, Jocelyn Thomas
Click here to read the Advisory Committee Conflict of Interest Policy
Questions? Reach us by email at RockyHillCommunityFund@gmail.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund Advisory Committee Announces Second Round of Grant Awards
In August 2023, the Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund made their second round of grants to five organizations, for a total of $24,734 in grant dollars.
- Rocky Hill High School Band Backers, Inc. received a $4,319 grant to purchase 3 baritones for Moser Intermediate School.
- Rocky Hill United Methodist Church received a $3,215 grant to support a Veterans and First Responders monthly breakfast.
- West Hill Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization received $6,300 to support the cost of a fence to surround their new outdoor classroom.
- The Church of Saint Andrew the Apostle received a $8,400 grant to repair two access ramps.
- Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, Inc received $2,500 to support programming for 5th grade students at Moser Intermediate School.
Past Grant Awards
The Rocky Hill Greater Together Community Fund has made grants to the following organizations:
- Rocky Hill High School Band Backers, Inc. received a $10,000 grant to support buying instruments for the Rocky Hill High School marching band and World Music project.
- Hartford Interval House, Inc. received a $5,000 grant to support Empowering Clients from Rocky Hill at Interval House.
- Operation Fuel, Inc. received a $5,000 grant to provide emergency energy assistance for Rocky Hill residents.
- Special Olympics Connecticut: Greater Middletown Local Program received a $500 grant to support the Special Olympics Connecticut's Greater Middletown local program.
Awarded organizations are requested to submit an accounting of the use of funds and a narrative evaluation of results achieved. Should your organization decide to apply again to the Rocky Hill Community Fund in the future, you would be eligible after we receive a final report for the grant.
Awarded organizations can use the optional form (below) at the end of their grant period to report on the use of their funds.
Awarded organizations who wish to be considered for a 2023 grant should submit a grant report by May 15, 2023. The final report for all other awardees of 2022 grants is due by November 30, 2023.
Please send the completed form, or any questions to the Rocky Hill Advisory Committee at RockyHillCommunityFund@gmail.com.