The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving has established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Marlborough.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
Call for Advisory Committee Members
The Marlborough Advisory Committee is growing and is now accepting applications for membership from interested residents. To be eligible, you must be a resident of Marlborough, at least 14 years of age and not serving in any town elected capacity. Previous experience in community organizations or grantmaking is not required. Typically, evening meetings are 1-2 hours a month as determined by the committee. Occasionally, 1-2 hours of additional work outside the committee meeting is required in some months.
We look forward to welcoming new members and encourage interested residents to apply!
To submit your application, please complete the google form below, or download and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is June 15, 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are under 18 years of age, you will need permission from a parent or legal guardian to apply to be considered for the Marlborough Greater Together Community Fund Advisory Committee. Please download, review, and complete the consent form with your parent or legal guardian, and email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please email the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marlborough Greater Together Community Fund Announces Inaugural Grant Awards
In November 2021, the following organizations were recipients of inaugural grant awards:
- Andover, Hebron, Marlborough Youth Services, Inc. ($3,127) - to support and broaden the CHOREs for Marlborough Seniors program
- Hartford County 4-H Camp, Inc. ($5,000) - to support the landscape issue resolution project.
- Marlborough Association for Senior Housing, Inc. (Sponsoring organization: Elderly Housing Management, Inc.,) ($9,211) - to support elevator and door upgrades at Florence S. Lord Senior Housing.
- Marlborough Food Bank Inc. ($7,284) - to support the refrigerator and freezer replacement program.
- Marlborough Historical Society ($750) - to support the cemetery walk and clean up.
- Richmond Memorial Library Association, Inc. (5,475) - to support the purchase of guided learning tablets.
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committee members for your town are:
Diana Cardet, Sheila Guzman, Elizabeth Keister, Monica LaMantia, Nicholas LaMantia, Robert Mirabal
For questions, please contact the Marlborough advisory committee at email@example.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at firstname.lastname@example.org.