In 2019, the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving established a $100,000 Greater Together Community Fund for the Town of Bolton. In 2022, the Foundation added $50,000 to the Fund to continue to support community needs.
The purpose of the Greater Together Community Funds is to:
- support the community in taking ownership around the needs in their towns
- encourage broad and inclusive civic engagement and
- anchor the Hartford Foundation in each town.
Open Call for Applications- DEADLINE: October 3, 2022
The Bolton Greater Together Community Fund Advisory Committee has announced an open call for applications. The goal is to award grants that will support programs addressing a need that improves the quality of life for the citizens of the Bolton community.
BOLTON GREATER TOGETHER COMMUNITY FUND OBJECTIVES
- Improve the participation and impact of current programs.
- Encourage the creation of innovative new initiatives
- Develop enhancements to current programs.
- Non-profit 501c3 organizations that serve the citizens of Bolton
- Bolton individuals or groups of citizens may submit an application in partnership with a registered non-profit organization that has agreed to serve as the fiscal agent for the proposed project.
- Projects that primarily benefit Bolton citizens
○ Minimum grant: $500; Maximum grant: $10,000
In addition to completing the online application, please download and complete the program budget below and email to the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note the application cannot be saved once started. To review the application prior to completing online, the pre-application is available for download, here.
Review and Process
- Applications will be reviewed by the Bolton Greater Together Community Fund Advisory Committee.
- Each applicant will be interviewed by a member(s) of the Committee.
- The Committee will evaluate the applications based on the Goals and Objectives.
- Bolton Greater Together Community Fund 2022 Grant Award Announcements will be made by October 31st.
Request for Applications [RFP] announcement can be downloaded here.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about eligibility, guidelines or the application process.
Bolton Greater Together Community Fund Announces Inaugural Grant Awards
The following organizations were recipients of inaugural grant awards during 2021:
- Bentley Memorial Library ($1,536.23) - to purchase microphones and sound equipment for indoor and outdoor library programs.
- Bolton Scholarship Fund ($2,500) - to support a Bolton High School senior with a track record of working to improve the community.
- Bolton Senior Center ($5,000) - to support a collaborative program with the Bolton Volunteer Fire Department addressing the voluntary installation of Knox Boxes for emergency entry into senior's homes as well as to help pay for patio furniture for the center.
- Hartford Interval House ($5,000) - to continue to support Bolton clients being served at the shelter.
Advisory Committee Members
The role of the Advisory Committee is to design and lead an inclusive process to identify the needs in your community, and design a grantmaking process aimed to ensure that the Community Funds can have the greatest impact for the benefit of town residents.
The Advisory Committee members for your town are:
Hazel Allen, Nils Chittenden, Donna M. Fitzgerald, Beth Ann Harney, Christina Morra-Tiu, Amy E. Schack, Shandra Scott- Brown, Polly Silva, C. Wendell Wickersham, Melissa Wielandt
For more information about the advisory committee, please review the Advisory Committee FAQ.
For media inquiries, please contact Chris Senecal at firstname.lastname@example.org.