Communications and Marketing Manager
Since 1925, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make a lasting, positive impact for their community for their own and future generations. Having recently completed its new strategic plan, the Foundation is poised to move to an even greater level of impact and growth that will enhance the organization’s reputation and external profile as a trusted steward, collaborator and innovator.
If you are committed to our mission – Putting philanthropy into action to create lasting solutions that result in vibrant communities within the Greater Hartford Region – and you have strong writing skills, can think creatively and strategically and work both independently and as an effective team member, please consider this opportunity to join the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving as a Communications and Marketing Manager.
The Communications and Marketing Manager contributes to accomplishing the Foundation’s mission by providing the highest quality support for the Foundation’s marketing and communications initiatives including managing internal communications and supporting media relations.
· Serving as lead editor and content manager for the Foundation’s intranet
· Developing marketing communications to engage donors and other community stakeholders around the Foundation’s strategic plan and key initiatives
· Assisting with media relations activities including proactive outreach to local and national media outlets
· Supporting digital communications
· A commitment to the Foundation’s mission and values, as well as to learning and growing at work
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
· 4-6 years of professional communications/marketing experience
· Strong writer, grasps complex ideas rapidly and communicates them in a clear and compelling manner
· Experience in developing and implementing long-range marketing plans to meet specific objectives
· Relates easily with a wide spectrum of stakeholders
· Prioritizes responsibilities effectively and manages time efficiently
· Adept at Microsoft Office applications, comfortable learning new software
To apply, please email a cover letter describing your interests and background match to our needs, and your resume: HumanResources@hfpg.org
For best consideration, application materials must be received by Monday, September 23, 2019, 5:00 pm EST.
Please note this position is not eligible for overtime.
HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER RELYING ON A DIVERSE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE TALENTS TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is an equal opportunity employer relying on a diverse group of individuals to achieve our mission.