If you are committed to our mission-- Putting philanthropy into action to create lasting solutions that result in vibrant communities within the Greater Hartford region—and have exceptional organizational, teamwork, and computer skills, please consider this opportunity to join the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving as a Development Assistant.
The Development Assistant contributes to accomplishing the Foundation's mission by providing highest quality administrative support to officers, and exceptional customer service to donors, potential donors, volunteers and nonprofit agencies, especially by producing accurate, timely communications, correspondence, reports and data base updates.
- Coordinate all Foundation activities related to grantmaking from assigned donor advised funds, track and report on quarterly grantmaking and communications for funds, serve on interdepartmental committee on grantmaking and provide support, as needed; maintain gift and fund documents on all assigned funds; conduct research on funding opportunities; coordinate grant follow ups and write ups.
- Support donor engagement in public policy advocacy efforts by conducting research and other activities; maintain information accurately and report on public officials participating in Foundation events.
- Support administrative work of Vice President and Senior Development Officer, organize and complete outreach mailings for donor cultivation; provide administrative support for Professional Advisory Committee and Board of Ambassadors; serve as department office manager responsible for budget tracking, scheduling, ordering, expense accounting; assist with projects as requested
- Lead due diligence reviews for termination of private foundations and creation of agency endowment funds; draft fund agreements from templates to be reviewed by Vice President for Development; correspond with donors around fund agreement completion; assist on National Standards Review and Accreditation
- Commitment to the Foundation's mission and values, as well as to learning and growing at work;
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, listening and communications skills
- Skill in retaining and reporting accurate details associated with multiple simultaneous projects;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a high performing team;
- Track record of setting and achieving high personal standards of excellence, efficiently delivering quality results and a reputation for initiative, "ownership of assignments," professionalism and integrity;
- Proven ability to form mutually supportive and productive relationships with colleagues to accomplish significant goals;
- Proven ability to research complex topics using internet and primary sources to supply relevant, accurate and complete information
- Track record of successfully representing organizations with diverse constituents and partners;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data/information management;
- Proficiency with database software, including data entry, creation of standard reports and ensuring data integrity; and
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree with a solid academic record and 5 years relevant experience, or combination of education and experience
If you are committed to making Greater Hartford a terrific place to live, work and succeed, and you meet the requirements listed above, we would like to hear from you. Please send a letter describing why this position is a great fit for your background and your interests, your salary requirements, and your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is an equal opportunity employer whose diversity among our staff and volunteers is essential to our mission.