- What key values did you learn at home and how did they inform your attitudes about philanthropy?
- What were your parents' values about charitable giving and who has most influenced your own?
- How do you want to be remembered by your family and your community?
- Who do you most admire in life and why?
- Do you wonder how much money is "enough" for your family and how much is "enough" for your charitable legacy?
- How involved do you want to be in your giving?
- What causes or issues are most important to you? What are you passionate about?
- Do you want to make a difference in the Greater Hartford community? Other regions as well?
- Is teaching your children to give back to their community a priority?
- Do you wonder if your current charitable giving really makes a difference?
- Are you flooded by charitable solicitations?
- Is your family foundation becoming burdensome to run?
- Is your charitable giving more of a chore than a joy?
- Do you prefer to give anonymously or do you want to inspire others through your example?
- Have you thought about prioritizing your charitable interests?
- Are you thinking about giving now or from your estate, or both?
- Do you (or your children) want to stay actively involved in making grants?
When you are ready to refine your plan or put it into action, the Hartford Foundation can help.
Contact us for more information at 860-548-1888 or DonorAdvised@hfpg.org.