Grants Database Specialist
The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, the community foundation for the 29-town Greater Hartford region, is seeking a grants database specialist to join the grants department team.
The assignment: Maintain a grants information database and an online application system, assist with grant-related activities from initial inquiry to grant closure, maintain electronic and print grant record-keeping systems, respond to grantee support needs, process grant payments, and assist department team members to develop grant processing efficiencies.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook) and data/information management software
- Ability to comprehend systems (the "big picture") and the importance of following established procedures and paying attention to details
- Ability to produce accurate work on time and to balance multiple priorities
- Critical thinker with ability to define a problem and offer potential solutions
- Confidence to interact with grantees and coworkers
- Energy/enthusiasm to work with team members to improve systems
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and listening skills
- Determination to learn new skills in the quest for skills improvement
- Associate's degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3 to 5 years administrative experience, preferably in a complex nonprofit organization
To apply, please email a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, your salary requirements and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is an equal opportunity employer whose diversity among our staff and volunteers is essential to our mission.