Scholarship funds at the Hartford Foundation were established by people and organizations of all types and from throughout Greater Hartford. They all share one motivation – to help students from this community afford a college education.
The Foundation provides scholarships in five ways:
- General Scholarship Endowment Fund: This pools donors’ contributions and awards $3,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors attending four-year colleges. These awards are renewable for up to three years and – in addition to tuition, fees, room and board – students can now use the scholarships to purchase textbooks.
- Community College Scholarship Program: These scholarships provide escalating awards for each of three years for graduating high school seniors attending community and two-year colleges.
- Individual scholarship funds: These allow donors to work with the Foundation in establishing selection criteria and award amounts. These scholarships help a variety of students from traditional-aged to graduate students.
- Block grants to community colleges to use for scholarships to needy students
- Block grants to support students transferring from community to four-year colleges
Click here to search our Scholarship Directory.