If you are a seasoned educator and/or a thought leader of educational initiatives that have had a measurable positive impact on students’ and schools’ success and if you are passionate about ensuring that every child benefits from a first rate education – we want to talk with you about an opportunity that may be right for you.
Drawing upon many years of investment in educational initiatives, input from educational and community leaders across the region and state, and extensive data analyses, the Hartford Foundation established education of children and youth, ages 0-18, as its highest priority in its strategic plan, Accelerate Success. Building on and leveraging lessons learned through our After-school, Brighter Futures, and Community Schools initiatives to support student success throughout Greater Hartford, we are committed to data-driven decision making and true community engagement in our work.
The Hartford Foundation believes that to achieve excellence and equity in education, we must not only ensure that all students have the opportunity to achieve mastery in core subjects, critical thinking and problem-solving, but we must take a comprehensive approach to ensuring their success. We know that even the highest quality instruction will not ensure students’ success when they are hindered by poor health and nutrition, social and economic disadvantage, trauma and other detractors to healthy development. We also know that even the highest quality “wraparound” or support services cannot compensate for a weak instructional core. With comprehensive high-quality educational supports and opportunities, all children can flourish, each to his or her own ability.
The Foundation has identified strong partnerships among school districts, families, and the broader community as critical but largely underdeveloped components of educational systems improvement within the region.
The Foundation is seeking an accomplished leader with significant experience in K-12 education to support the continuing development of our work in K-12 education and education reform in the context of a broader 0-18 educational strategy encompassing early childhood strategies, use of dynamic data tools, policy action, and resource development, among other work.
The individual filling this position also will participate in the Foundation’s many other areas of work promoting education reform. He or she will be expected to make innovative and strategic use of a broad array of tools available to foster change, including planning grants, project grants, and partnerships with organizations whose work directly corresponds with the Foundation’s funding priorities.
The Senior Education Investments Officer will report to the Director of Education Investments.
- Lead research and development of educational leadership initiatives, engaging superintendents of schools and multiple other prospective partners in planning and execution of mutually developed strategies.
- Work with Director on development and management of school/community/family partnerships to enhance educational outcomes throughout Greater Hartford.
- Share in collective responsibility for reaching annual investment and strategic goals.
- Contribute to the education team’s development of criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of its portfolio and participate in the evaluation of the results.
- Represent the Foundation on committees, task forces, and partnerships to contribute to improving Greater Hartford students’ education outcomes and to effectively communicate the Foundation’s mission, education strategies and goals.
- Research new models and practices in education and regularly develop related briefs, analyses, strategy papers, grant recommendations and other written materials.
- Demonstrated commitment to education reform and a passion for student and schools’ success.
- Proven mastery of a significant body of knowledge related to K-12 education, along with a portfolio of measurable accomplishments.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience designing, leading and evaluating strategies and programs to improve students and schools’ education outcomes.
- Successful senior-level experience developing and delivering leadership development.
- Track record of managing multiple priorities to produce high quality results as promised.
- Proven ability to contribute to the success of diverse teams as well as to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Earned reputation for innovating, serving as a thought leader, strategic focus, building consensus and commitment, engaging constituents as co-creators, and delivering promised results.
- Strong presentation, listening and communication, writing and negotiation skills.
- Optimism, sustained high energy and initiative, curiosity, creativity, impeccable professional ethics, and a reputation for engaging and inspiring others.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related area required; advanced degree preferred.
To apply, please email your resume, along with a cover letter describing your interests and qualifications for this position, with your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hartford Foundation is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer where diversity is critical to achieving our mission.