The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving’s Nonprofit Support Program (NSP) seeks an Associate to provide support for delivering services that strengthen nonprofits through education, grantmaking and organizational development.
The NSP Associate will:
• Organize meetings, events and training sessions, identify and negotiate with facilities and caterers, secure contracts, develop invitations and produce handout materials, track attendance and communicate with participants, summarize surveys, and provide a welcoming and responsive environment for NSP’s program participants.
• Track budgets and expenditures for NSP’s various programs and events, and process and monitor vendor payments to ensure that NSP’s programs stay within budget.
• Process and manage data in the Foundation’s database and other sources to create timely reports in the areas of assessments, grantmaking and educational programming, and follow up with agencies as necessary.
• Research and compile data and information for NSP staff using Excel charts and graphs, PowerPoint and SurveyMonkey, for use in NSP presentations, annual plan and other reports.
• Assist with updating and maintenance of NSP’s website, online Consultant Directory and other online media to ensure the effectiveness of NSP’s electronic communications.
• Track agency loans through the Nonprofit Revolving Loan Fund, monitor renewals, inform appropriate staff of issues with data received, and maintain files.
• Prepare and track NSP consultant contracts and letters of agreement, ensuring that contract language is in compliance with Hartford Foundation guidelines, request timely payments for consultants and provide follow-up as necessary.
• Monitor NSP office systems and procedures and recommend improvements, as necessary, to ensure that the NSP team meets its goals in the most efficient manner.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external NSP audiences by telephone, e-mail and in person to address inquiries and provide information about NSP programs.
• A commitment to the Foundation and NSP’s mission and values.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail in managing multi-faceted programs, simultaneously managing multiple tasks and meeting multiple deadlines.
• Successful experience planning and organizing meetings and events on time and within budget.
• Superior computer skills including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access or other databases.
• Superior interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide variety of people including nonprofit staff and board members, consultants and vendors.
• Demonstrated knowledge of proper English language skills including usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Proven ability to conduct research and efficiently provide relevant, accurate and complete information for the NSP staff.
• A track record of handling and maintaining sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years relevant work experience.
To apply for this position, please send a thoughtful cover letter explaining how your experience and education qualify you for this position, along with a description of why it is of interest to you, your salary requirements, and your resume to:
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is an equal opportunity employer relying on a diverse group of individuals to achieve our mission.