Your communications skills can help you make a positive, lasting impact on the quality of life in our region.
The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, the community foundation for the 29-town Greater Hartford region, is seeking a communications professional – with expertise in and passion for web/electronic and social media – to join an energetic, creative communications and marketing team.
The communications officer develops and maintains the Foundation’s website, social media and other electronic communications to build awareness and engagement for the Foundation with key constituents.
- Determining optimal uses of technology to achieve communications and marketing goals
- Ensure that website and other electronic communications effectively reach out to new audiences, provide meaningful information and services, and engage our existing constituents
- Supervise and implement coordinated social media campaigns that move our target audiences to act
- Coordinate production of videos for multiple use (including scripting, videotaping and editing, as well as coordinating with vendors for complex productions)
- Update and distribute electronic newsletters, invitations and other materials
- Assist Foundation staff with using social media, web and other electronic communications effectively
- Track, analyze and report on website usage to inform future enhancements
- Research, recommend and produce communications targeted to area professional advisors
- Working with colleagues on the Communications and Marketing team, participate in planning and implementing large-scale communications activities, including publications and events.
- Five or more years successful experience in communications/marketing/public relations, with significant accomplishments developing and delivering effective online/electronic marketing/communications
- Proficiency in interactive communication tools (website, video/audio, social media); expertise with content management systems (e.g., DotNetNuke), HTML, Photoshop, Premiere Elements, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, HootSuite
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, especially creating content for the web/social media
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically, and to champion new ideas
- Track record of developing mutually supportive relationships with colleagues, consultants and vendors to achieve quality results
- Able to thrive in high-speed, multiple-task environment
- Excellent project management skills, delivering quality results on deadline
- Ability to relate comfortably to a broad spectrum of donors, grantees, government officials and policymakers, corporate and foundation executives, and recipients of nonprofit services
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a solid academic record
- Sense of humor
- Community involvement and volunteer service in our region is a plus
To apply for this position, please send a detailed, thoughtful cover letter explaining how your education and experience qualify you for this position, along with a description of why it is of interest to you, and your salary history and your resume, to:
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving