The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, the community foundation for the 29-town Greater Hartford region, is seeking a skilled accountant to join our Finance staff.
The assignment: Produce standard and customized financial reports and schedules to provide accurate and timely information for management decisions; conduct the Foundation’s cash management activities to be effective and efficient, reconcile investment accounts and ensure that financial transactions and record keeping comply with all policy and legal requirements. Provide backup coverage for several key positions in the Finance Department.
• B.S. degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in accounting/finance in one or more complex organizations.
• Proven ability to perform accurate, timely general ledger reconciliations and fund accounting.
• Accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Expert in Microsoft Excel and Office, working knowledge of database and accounting software.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, as well as proven ability to work with diverse teams of individuals to produce work meeting highest standards of accuracy and quality.
• Understanding of civic and nonprofit organizations in Greater Hartford preferred.
To apply, please email a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, your salary requirements and your resume, to: email@example.com.
For more information about the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, please visit our website: www.hfpg.org.
HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER REQUIRING A DIVERSE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION.